Welcome to the Georgia Neurological Society!
Our 2019 Annual Meeting was an amazing success. The GNS meeting would not have been a success without the help and support of all our vendors.
The GNS meeting for 2020 will be held on Saturday, March 14, 2020 at the Emory Brain Center
We encourage Industry Vendors to consider supporting the GNS – click on the “Industry Support” tab for more details.
The GNS will be actively involved in various educational activities throughout the state. We hope to increase awareness of Neurology as a career, as well as to help support the local Neurologists.
What is the Georgia Neurological Society?
- The Georgia Neurological Society (GNS) is an organization to serve the needs of neurologists in Georgia.
- We do not charge dues. So, if you are a neurologist practicing in Georgia, you are automatically a member of GNS – whether you are in private practice, employed, in academia, or in a training program.
- Membership in the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) or Medical Association of Georgia (MAG) is not required.Our mission includes the following:
- To advance the profession of neurology in Georgia by engaging in educational activities
- To serve as a forum for neurologists in Georgia to improve patient care, promote the practice of neurology, and build camaraderie among neurology professionals
- To facilitate communication among neurologist to promote clinical trials and neurology practice opportunities
Annual Meeting – 2020
Saturday, March 14, 2020
Emory University School of Medicine Brain Health Center
12 Executive Park NE, Atlanta, GA 30329
- Click here to register
- Registration fee for Physicians – $100
- Registration fee for all other health professionals – $100
- Registration fee for Students, Interns, Residents and Fellows – FREE
- All other attendees – please contact Keir Gray, Emory CME office, 404-727-0063, email: kgray02 “at” emory.edu
- We will have Research Posters presented at the GNS
- Click here to view the PDF for details
- We encourage everyone (research faculty, community Neurologists, students, residents, fellows) to consider submitting a poster for consideration
- The Emory University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Details on the number of CME credits offered will be announced as the program date approaches
- Marriott Courtyard Executive Park – Emory
- Room block information will be posted shortly
SCHEDULE OF SPEAKERS:
- Derek Brandt, JD (AAN) – Legal aspects of Neurology
- Dr. Pat Coyle (INTEGRITY MED ED) – Multiple Sclerosis
- Dr. Tony Nichols (UAB) – Parkinson’s
- Dr. Marissa Natelson Love (UAB) – Immune Therapies for AD
- Dr. Michael Rivner (MCG) – “Myasthenia Gravis: New Antibodies, New Therapy”
- Dr. Wendy Wright (EMORY) – topic TBD
- Dr. Diogo Haussen (GRADY HOSP) – “Carotid Webs: An Under-recognized Cause of Strokes”
Industry Support for GNS Annual Meeting
The Georgia Neurological Society (GNS) will hold our annual meeting on Saturday, March 14, 2020
We invite you to participate in this event.
Exhibitors will be acknowledged with signage and provided table space for promotion of products or services in a room separate from the educational program.
- The GNS is incorporated as a non-profit 501(3)c.
- The GNS Tax ID # is 20–8173098.
- Cost of registration and process will be announced once the meeting details are finalized
If you are interested in exhibiting at this meeting, please Keir Gray, Emory CME office, 404-727-0063, email: kgray02 “at” emory.edu.
Sudhir S. Athni, MD
President, Georgia Neurological Society